In this episode, I discuss several texture APIs offered in WebGL.
* Texture APIs: texParameteri
* gl.texParameteri, gl.getTexParameter, gl.generateMipmap
* Mipmaps are used to create distance with objects.
* A higher-resolution mipmap is used for objects that are closer, and a lower-resolution mipmap is used for objects that are farther away.
* It starts with the resolution of the texture image and halves the resolution until a 1x1 dimension texture image is created.
* For example, if you have a 64x64 texture, the next smaller mipmap is 16x16, then 4x4, then 1x1
* We'll be looking at these in more detail in a later episode.
* A texture filter constant to use when a surface is rendered larger than the corresponding texture bitmap (such as for close-up objects). Initial value is gl.LINEAR.
* A texture filter constant to use when a surface is rendered smaller than the corresponding texture bitmap (such as for distant objects). Initial value is gl.NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR.